Its our turn to change the world

Official Prompt for Week 6:

Reflect on what you have learned in the class and how you will use it professionally as both a lifelong learner and an instructional systems professional (or whatever field you’re in).

I came to this class with quite a bit of experience with using and building Web 2.0 tools.  I was happy I had an excuse to sit down and read Shirky’s book (Here Comes Everybody). I wasn’t so happy about reading the Bruns book, but looking back the readings gave me the greatest opportunity to learn because Bruns is so non-technical and tries to explain a very technical world.

It was also interesting to watch the conversations from my classmates. Most of them had never used these tools either, and it was interesting to watch the same patterns from old ways of doing things be applied to this new Learning 2.0 world. This may have been the biggest thing I’ve learned: we are the ones who are going to have to come up with new patterns, new ways of measuring, new ways of doing things. The world really is changing, and we have an opportunity to bring that change to everyone. We just have to figure out how to do it.

Easy right? 🙂

One thought on “Its our turn to change the world

1. That was a nice way of describing Bruns’ book. Still don’t care for the writing style. And yes, we have a lot to think about.